In the course of your research you might have decided that Jackpot City Casino, a 22 year old online casino, is the safest of them all and you are right. In order for an online casino to be considered the safest it has to go through rigorous testing.
The tests are carried out by industry recognized auditors like eCOGRA, who search for flaws in an online casino. These flaws include malpractice where casinos are stealing from players, unlicensed operations and security holes in the casino’s infrastructure among others. This is all done to protect player data and to maintain fair gameplay.
Online casinos’ security and safety
In addition to the regular tests, online casinos’ security and safety has to be constantly monitored and regulated by government organizations. The MGA or Malta Gaming Authority and the UK Gambling Commission are the most highly regarded casino regulators in the industry.
The safest online casinos score exceptionally high in the following areas:
- Regular audits ? online casinos should comply and pass regular audits.
- Technical security ? security should be from a reputable security firm which guarantees the security of data and implementation of fraud prevention systems.
- Licensing ? an online casino must possess legitimate licensing from industry sanctioned organizations like the MGA.
- Game fairness ? each game must use RNG or random number generator to ensure that all players have equal chances at winning.
- SHA-3 Hash Algorithm ? RNGs must use this algorithm for prevention against tampering.
- Hybrid RSA Encryption ? this encryption protects every online transaction against interception by unauthorized third parties.
- Software ? each game in an online casino should be tested by eCOGRA and the software used by the casino should be provided by a trusted industry provider.
- Deposits and withdrawals ? online casinos must incorporate the best version of SSL or secure sockets layer encryption technology for secure deposits and withdrawals.
- Ownership ? an online casino must be owned by reputable gaming organizations in the industry.
The top ten online casinos that have regularly gone through this scrutiny and passed include the following:
- 888 Casino
- Betchan Casino
- Spin Casino
- Spin It
- Casino Cruise
- Sloty Casino
- Jonny Jackpot
- Genesis Casino
- Sloto Cash
Online Casinos To Avoid
Planet 7 Casino
It is rated 1.1 out of 10 because their withdrawals are blocked meaning players are not able to withdraw from the site. It was also found that game wins were not random as should be the case.
It’s hard for players to understand their bonus rules thus making the rules suspicious at best. Players noticed that winnings were not paid out in a reliable way. Their rated a 2 out of 10.
Even though they have a slightly better rating of 2.1 out of the total 10, their customer service is unprofessional. Balzac online casino is also known to be using unsecure software which is disaster in waiting for you as a player.
The Top 5 Safest Online Casino Games
iTech Labs alongside eCOGRA are part of trusted casino game auditors who get to test real money games to ensure both fair play and that the games don’t have any kind of flaws. The top five games to pass this auditing include the following:
- Fortunium provided by Microgaming and played at Jack Pot City Casino.
- Live Roulette provided by Evolution and playd at Ruby Fortune Casino.
- Mega Moolah provided by Microgaming and played at Spin Palace Casino.
- Age of the Gods provided by Paytech and played at Mansion Casino.
- Fire Joker provided by Pay N Go and played at Magic Red.
Safest Online Casino Security Protocols
You should avoid any casino website that does not feature SSL in the URL. Other security features that make an online casino secure and safe include an ID verification requirement, 2-step verification, separating casino funds from player funds and enforcing responsible gaming to look out after players with gambling addiction.
The safest online casinos should offer trusted and safe payment methods like Mastercard, Wire Transfer, Skrill, Visa, Paysafe Card and Neteller. A safe online casino website should feature certified security logos by Norton, Secure, eCOGRA, SSL and Truste.
As a player, the safest online casinos are not only those recommended by sites online but also the ones that check all the security boxes as outlined above.